Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I made a hat for Sam

Well, this is my new effort at documenting my learning to knit, and it's starting with a good thing! For the last 2 days, I've been working on my very first knitting project. It's a hat for my little guy Sam for next winter. I think it's going to be too small for him, but that's ok. I'll use it for baby #2 for some winter. It's made from 100purewool, which is the best yarn ever! I'm left handed, and it didn't unravel as I knitted with it. Also, it took less than half of the ball, so I can make either a second hat (one for Sam) or a pair of mittens to match the hat (when I learn to make mittens). I used size 7 Addi turbo circular needles, and a size 6 cheapo dpn at the end (when it was too small for the circular). I definitely need a second Addi circular. But for a first project, I'm in love. Here it is:



Also, Jimmy made me a swift. It's definitely not the $50 kind, but it's wonderful. I bought all the supplies for $5.50, and he worked really hard to put it together. The wood on top rubs the bottom a little sometimes, but it's made me able to wind a ball of yarn in 1/2 hour instead of 1 1/2 hours. A huge improvement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home