Sunday, March 11, 2007

In my Next Life

I've been watching The Devil Wears Prada and thinking about my life. Well, about what choices I've made in my life. I'm a stay at home mom in a small city with a husband who works at a job he hates. Sounds exciting, no?

And I was thinking that in my next life, I'll go conquer the world first. I'll finish school, go to some huge city, work my way up, and have some fabulous job. I'll wait to get married until I'm 30 and I'll date all sorts of men. I'll have crazy fun and then settle down.

I was really feeling sorry for myself when I walked upstairs to check on Abigail. She's been having horrible tummy pains and just crying and crying. She finally fell asleep in our bed, and I had to check on her to make sure she was breathing. I worry like that.

So I walked into the room and she was lying there on her back, the stream of light from the hall on her face. The brightness illuminated her features and she looked angelic. I touched her hand lightly and she remained completely relaxed. Her breathing was light and she stayed asleep. Angelic. Absolutely perfect. And she left me slightly teary-eyed.

I'm not looking for something better. I have it right here. My children are amazing, I'm smart enough to exist and thrive in everyday life, and my husband is actively searching for new jobs. Sure, my life isn't perfect, but what I've created makes me happy. And even more importantly, it fulfills me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"you know what truth is? it's that little baby you're holding. it's that man you fought with this morning. the same one you're going to make love with tonight. that's truth! that's love!"

From I'VE NEVER BEEN TO ME by Charlene Duncan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the words to that song. It makes everything right

2:14 PM  
Blogger Trudy said...

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to enter my Sew Mama Sew Giveaway. It was so crazy with so many blogs to visit that I don't think very many of us really had a chance to really take a good look at the blogs we visit. So I would like to invite you to come back and look around and see if you like my blog; and if you do, consider signing up as a follower and/or putting my blog on your blog roll so that you can keep up with me better. I would also encourage you to visit my daughters' blogs. Emily, Age 9, of Super Stitches www.sewingsister.blogspot.com and Kimberly, Age 17, of What To Wear www.w0wiloveit.blogspot.com

I looking forward to hearing from you.

Trudy Callan
Sewing With Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com
and my art blog:
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home